Sunday, April 3, 2011

Is it really Spring in the Maine Northwoods?

It's spring......right?
I've looked at the calendar and it's April 2, by the standard definition it's Spring but not here in the Northwoods of Maine! Although Rockin' Robin has showed up at the bird feeder, we got 12 inches of snow on Friday.  We still had about a foot of snow in the fields and areas we don't plow.  The only spots of bare ground were the driveway and the lawn area we plow for parking in the winter.  Now it's all back.  If the weather doesn't improve, the Easter Bunny definitely will have to be a Snowshoe Hare!!!!!! Oh, please Spring.... come soon.  I don't want to be rolling snowmen, I want to roll Easter Eggs!!!


1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Nazareth P.A!
    I love your Blog, I love Maine and I love your art work!
    I lived in Maine and should have never left..... Hope to retire there someday.
    Thanks for all of your wonderful and beautiful insights and creativity -
    Hope the weather is as beautiful there as it is here!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete